Re: [ProgSoc] Have you registered to vote yet?

Benjamin Johnston wrote:
If you want to make a point, I think you need to come up with a better
example, because your current argument is very confused and insulting.
That's the funny thing about "insults", isn't it.

The reason I got involved in this discussion in the first place is because I was deeply insulted.
Not only was I insulted, which is one thing, but I've had the machinery
of the state turned against me. That goes a little beyond "insult".
But... I know how it works. I'm a straight white male "smoker", which
means I'm not entitled to be insulted, right? If someone calls me
pathetic, that's not "insulting", that's just "true", isn't it?
If I don't want to buy cigarettes in packets with horrific images on
them, I should just STFU and cop it because I'm pathetic.
If I don't want to live in a society of people so stupid and blind that
they can happily see a state sponsored anti-smoking ad followed by a
pharmaceutical company's nicotine "therapy" ad and just think "Oh, isn't
that nice, 'they' are here to help!", I should just STFU and cop it
because I'm pathetic.
I'm not pathetic. Nor am I confused or insulting. *You* are confused,
and insulting.
*You* killed Alan Turing.