Re: [ProgSoc] Urgent

Mr. Archie Kane wrote:
I am Mr. Archie Kane I am Executive Director of Lloyds TSB, 71 Lombard
Street London EC 3BS. I am in search of an agent to assist us in the
transfer of £20,000,000.00 GBP (Twenty Million British pounds) and
subsequent investment in properties in your country.
A few years ago I picked up a computer that had been dumped on the
street and took it home.
I couldn't help it, so I had a look to see what had been left on it (I
just plugged it in and booted it). It had obviously been a family's
computer. There wasn't very much on it at all. It was running Windows
ME, and it had a few word documents that were class assignments for a
few of the kids (probably in years five and seven, I'd guess), and two
word documents in Dad's account.
The documents in Dad's account were responses to do a guy like the
above. Dad was obviously religious, and saying how it was so great to be
talking to such a lovely person from such a troubled place as "Nigeria"
and that he'd be more than happy to help transfer the money for the
charity, Praise God My Good Friend, etc.
Seems to me like Dad got scammed and then banished the computer from the
house. Just took the whole thing and went and dumped it in the street.