Re: [ProgSoc] What is the world coming to?

On 10/23/07, John Elliot <jj5@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/onthespot-fines-for-minor-offences/2007/10/23/1192941029367.html
>
> "Offences attracting on-the-spot fines include minor fraud, shoplifting,
> possession of stolen goods, offensive conduct, offensive language,
> obstructing traffic and unauthorised entry of a vehicle or boat."
>
> Fuck you.
>
> "Any fingerprints taken would be destroyed."
>
> Bullshit.

I'm not saying Melbourne is perfect, but increasingly, anywhere is
better than Sydney. The same sort of mentality seems to pervade
England, and large parts of the US. Places that once championed (and
still claim to) individual freedoms.

Oh well, I won't be moving back.

vik