Re: [ProgSoc] What is the world coming to?

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, John Elliot wrote:
> victor rajewski wrote:
> > On 10/29/07, jedd <jedd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>  It's a good thing you're not saying Melbourne is perfect.
> >
> > Nowhere is.
>
> Why?

 Because, coming full circle, there are no places left where you
 can elect to opt out.  Society is afraid of people who want to opt
 out, much like those proverbial primates are afraid (for reasons
 they don't understand) of their colleague that's trying to climb the
 ladder to reach that banana.

 It all started to go downhill when kerosene arrived, I think .. about
 160 years ago.  John's observation that you cite:

 "Make no mistake, the economy is central to everything."

 is telling, but reveals much about the reasons behind why our
 economy (due to its reliance upon society) is so doomed.

 Jedd.