Re: [ProgSoc] Non In-Memory JPG Downsampling

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 12:11 +1100, Benjamin Johnston wrote:
> I assume by downsampling you are referring to creating, say, a
> thumbnail of a JPG?

Yep.

Specifically, I'm talking about a phone which doesn't have enough heap
to load photos taken on its' own camera into memory which is required
when using the built in image scaling functionality. So when it comes to
building a thumbnail grid view of photos stored on the phone, it's
impossible out-of-the-box.

I don't personally have experience with this kind of thing (image
processing and J2ME), so my question is mainly to see whether it's
possible and how the mobile devs at work might approach the problem.

Alternatively, if someone on the list feels they're capable of
implementing functionality like this in a short time frame (in J2ME),
I'm happy to pay for the work.

Cheers,

--
Nathan de Vries