Re: [ProgSoc] Looping over filenames in bash

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 06:32:50PM +1100, Mike Abdow wrote:
>     for ii in *.png; do
>       convert "$ii" -resize x500 "${ii%.*}".small.png
>     done

You, sirs, all of you, have blown my mind. I might stand a chance at not
sucking at shell scripting now. Thanks for the help.

- Rob

PS: I also ended up running into ${ii/.jpg/.small.png} and friends, thanks
to the above little snippet, as sort of highly-impaired regex of sorts.
Awesome.