Re: [ProgSoc] VPS recommendations?

Hi Mike,

On 2/11/08, Mike Abdow <myke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone here have any experiences with VPS hosting?

Alas, I know of no good ones in .au -- if you hear of any, I'm all ears.

That said:
 - linode (US)
 - slicehosting (US)
 - bytemark (UK)

Are all good, however, ...

> On a busy site with a forum and wiki, this equates to a lot of data
> lost. They claim they backup daily, but make "no guarantees".

... I think you need to some advice by Joel (on software): everyone
else's code is bug-ridden garbage. If it matters to you, you do it
yourself.

Never trust anyone else to do your backups.

Cheers,
Anand