Re: [ProgSoc] VPS recommendations?

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 15:49 +0000, Anand Kumria wrote:
> I think you need to some advice by Joel (on software): everyone
> else's code is bug-ridden garbage. If it matters to you, you do it
> yourself.

Keep in mind that Joel is the king of NIH syndrome. Of course he's going
to tell you to self-host - people who write their own in-house languages
have forced their own hand in that department.

Cheers,

--
Nathan de Vries

PS: I've read Joel on Software: And on Diverse and Occasionally Related
Matters That Will Prove of Interest to Software Developers, Designers,
and Managers, and to Those Who, Whether by Good Fortune or Ill Luck,
Work with Them in Some Capacity (*BREATH*). He's a fantastic
writer/speaker and incredibly witty, but the minute he opens his mouth
regarding implementation details it's in everyone's interest to block
your ears (unless you're a Gold Certified Weenie).