[ProgSoc] ProgSoc migration

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.org
Thu Feb 28 08:27:34 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 5:27 AM, Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale <wzdd at progsoc.org> wrote:

>  On 26/02/2008, at 3:04 PM, Roland Turner wrote:
>
>  > but if you ever do
>  > either of these things then mbox is only useful for very small
>  > (sub-gigabyte) mailstores.
>
>  I don't think this is true, given my usage pattern (and, I suspect,
>  most people's), but perhaps I'll run some experiments and find out.

You don't think most people just let email accumulate in their inbox?

I think multi-gigabyte mailstores are now the norm.

Unfortunately not many programs (still) handle single files going over
2GiB. Particularly mbox files -- one notable failure is thunderbird,
which will regularly crash 1.2GiB.

You may want to keep that in mind when testing.

Cheers,
Anand