[ProgSoc] Laptop advice/suggestions

Noah noah.odonoghue at students.mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 30 20:08:38 EST 2008

HP / Compaq business laptops are good for all you've stated, especially
compatibility as they often have drivers for 2000 / XP / Vista 32 / Vista 64
- (which is increasingly rare) and even linux on the hp website.

As an example,

http://www.ht.com.au/part/V7163-HP-Compaq-Business-Notebook-6710b-Core-2-Duo
-T8300-24-GHz-RAM-4-GB-HDD-250-GB-DVDRW-R-double-layer-DVD-RAM-GMA-X3100-Gig
abit-Ethernet-WLAN-80211abgn-Bluetooth-20-EDR-TPM-fingerprint-reader-XP-Pr/d
etail.hts

But I haven't combed the above site, so it may not be the best deal.

Of course I'm slightly biased, having a Compaq nx8420 from harris tech. If
you do go that route, try and get a student discount of some sort, I got 10%
for being with the Macquarie student union.

Regards,
Noah