[ProgSoc] Question for Apache Wizards

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.org
Wed Mar 26 14:14:58 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Thomas Given-Wilson
<sanguinev at progsoc.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:29:13AM +1100, Bryn Davies wrote:
>  > Thomas Given-Wilson wrote:
>  > > The response you received is to deter people who are trying to find
>  > > vulnerabilities in the software/OS.
>  > >
>  >  Not entirely sold on the merits of this, but luckily I don't have to
>  > manage the progsoc flotilla. :)
>
>  If you have better suggestions then please speak forth.

Why bother?

Any determined attacker will have yahoo'ed for "progsoc apache
webserver" and will the version anyway?

Other software will advertise the distribution being used. Any
reasonable attacker will assume you have used the default installed
software.

Anand