[ProgSoc] FlogSoc - Sparcstation 5 & 20

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Sun Apr 19 08:32:01 EST 2009

 Free to a good home, et cetera.

 Both in working order - or they were the last time I cranked
 them up.   I think one's been bumped up, memory wise, but
 they're not hugely powerful so don't get excited.  The 5 has
 a secondary happy meal card in it - I used to use it as an
 iptables firewall and it works very well in this function.

 20" Sun CRT monitor bundled in, of course.  Or maybe it's
 a 19".  Who can say - I'm a metric kinda guy.  It's big and it's
 heavy and it's got a Sun label on it and is has one of those
 plugs that make DVI  cables look reasonable.

 I have another box of related Sun goodies in a box in a
 shed on a farm, and will throw these in (I think DAT, and
 some external disk caddies, and oh so very many cables)
 if the interest is there.

 ProgSoc has first dibs, but I doubt they have the space or
 interest or requirement for YA bit of paleo-Sun gear.

 Would be pick-up from Enmore.

 The pizza-boxes are luggable on a bus, but the monitor
 would need a car I reckon.

 Jedd.