[ProgSoc] Reflective gratitude by an established ProgSoc member directed squarely towards those that have been of the greatest influence

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Thu Dec 17 16:18:49 EST 2009

>  This is a good post! (and it must have taken an age to write)

Started it last week, worked on it intermittently until today.

> I am
> glad that you've enjoyed your first year of progsoc, and now that its
> Christmas, is there any chance you'll let us in on the mystery behind
> your handle? ;)

My surname, Bozic (or, with the correct accents, Božić - hope this
encodes correctly!) simply means 'Christmas' (or, literally, "Son of God"
i.e. Jesus) in Serbo-Croato-Bosnio-Montenegrin (and Božič - note the
different accent on the 'c' - in Slovenian). Next Friday, I'll be saying
"Sretan Bozic" (Merry Christmas) to a whole bunch of people...and I don't
find it the least bit odd that I have the same surname as a festive
holiday.

*Big* mystery no more!

> p.s. if you think your first list post was bad, you don't want to see
> mine... I think it had a 75 line long email signature on it or
> something. I think whophd and raz both called me out on it and I
> sulked. Hooray!

I never said my first post was 'bad'.

Lucky for you, it may no longer exist...

Anyways, no hard feelings and a Merry Christmas to you again :)

Tom