[ProgSoc] Reflective gratitude by an established ProgSoc member directed squarely towards those that have been of the greatest influence

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Fri Dec 18 07:59:41 EST 2009

>> Let's start with John ... modern professional attire ...
>
>  Are we talking about the same John?

Well, he *was* working in an office in the "commercial" part of Building
10 at the time. I know, he doesn't *normally* dress like that, but that's
what he was wearing when I first met him, so...

>> Anand, the *real* CSO. On the few odd occasions I've spoken with
>> you online, I've found you to be cold and impassive.
>
>  I believe this is a side-effect of living in the UK for a while, or
>  perhaps a sub-conscious attempt to blend in with the locals.  In
>  any case, he's letting me sleep on his couch over Christmas, so
>  he can't be all that bad, eh wot?

...or maybe that's just how he comes across on the net. He probably *is* a
really nice guy in real life, I don't know...

> Fingers crossed the combination
> of snow and alcohol doesn't inspire *too* much passion, though.

*facepalm*

>> Jedd, Andrew and Nathan - amongst the regular posters - I am
>> relatively indifferent to ...
>
>  Ya know .. I feel deeply disturbed by the fact that even someone as
>  emotionally vulnerable as you can't summon up any reaction beyond
>  indifference.  I really must be losing my touch.  I feel, in a way,
>  that I have let everyone down.  Let us never talk of this again.

Don't feel too bad - consider yourself lucky that we haven't locked horns
over an (major) issue. An unfortunate side-effect of this is that I
haven't much to say about you. It tends to happen more with people that I
am solely acquainted with online. Maybe if you came to visit us all one
day - as Andi did last night; he came to our movie night, as promised! -
we could be properly acquainted and I could form a proper opinion of you.
For what it's worth, John thinks highly of you, so...

>  PS. Glad you like the club.

Thanks :)

Tom