[ProgSoc] Statement

Michael Lamont michael.montey.lamont at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:56:51 EST 2009

You can demand an apology all you like. I am quite within my rights to
express my opinion.

As for threatening a hostile takeover of other clubs, your members did
indeed threaten to do that to the engineering society. Since I
happened to chair that AGM and I know that you weren't there I am
somewhat curious as to how you can question my knowledge of events.

Only one member of your club was who was a financial member of the
engineering society at the time of the AGM turned up on the day, but
many of the positions had nominees from I heart UTS who as it turned
out were not financial members, and thus not eligible.

I am not attacking your club per-se  I find it somewhat offensive,
that a club that masquerades as a social club can take offense.

Feel free to take your concerns to the clubs officer. I'm quite
prepared to answer them in person in front of the CDO, Union CEO and
Union President.

As for my personal opinion........ I suggest you meet me at the UTS
fencing club at UTS Sydney Boys high stadium on any Monday or
Wednesday night and we can settle this as gentlemen on the piste.

Your sincerely,

Michael Lamont

2009/2/27 Andrew Ho <Andrew.Ho at student.uts.edu.au>:
> To whom this may concern.
>
> I write to you concerning a statement you made which is available on the net.
>
> http://lists.progsoc.uts.edu.au/progsoc/2008-December/000601.html
>
> There you imputed that we're a dangerous club which "threaten hostile takeovers of other clubs." Now I don't mean to be harsh here, but what you say is quite uncalled for and quite rude. We founded this club purely as a social club and to collaborate with other clubs to organize joint events. What on earth makes you think we're a club that would take over other clubs? What on earth makes you think we would care about your club? We're not IT students or whatever. It cannot see what reason you would have in attacking our club. It just seems distressing that you would smear another club.
>
> I demand an apology and explanation to why you would make such a statement. Otherwise I am reporting this to the clubs officer. I find it upsetting that clubs would be attacking other clubs.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Andrew Ho
> Co-Founder of I HEART UTS.
>

> --
> UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
> DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
> confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not
> read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If
> you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
> and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
> individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority,
> states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before
> opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.
>
> Think. Green. Do.

Michael "Montey" Lamont
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis
exponebantur ad necem