[ProgSoc] What should the exec do? (Was: Scrap VSU info from UTS Union)

Bryn Davies curious.jp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 14:43:03 EST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Andrew Halliday
<andrew.halliday at gmail.com> wrote:
> Before VSU, Union fees could be considered a tax.

 I don't understand? It is a fee which creates membership rights in an
organisation, and it is mandatory. As mentioned upthread, this is a
violation of internationally accepted basic rights. I remain a citizen
whether I pay my taxes or not. I also pay my taxes to parts of the
executive government that are nominally non-political.

> VSU. I say repeal VSU. If you don't like paying Union/SA fees then you're
> free to elect Libs et.al. to the SA and Union and have them refund you all.

 How about I keep voting labor / greens and not be forced into paying
Union / SA fees to a political organisation that has no party that
represents my viewpoints? I feel like that's also a reasonable
compromise. Campus life hasn't declined on my campus since the
introduction of VSU.
--
http://progsoc.org/~curious/
餓鬼も人数 。