[ProgSoc] VSU (Was: What should the exec do? (Was: Scrap VSU info from UTS Union))

Bryn Davies curious.jp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:22:42 EST 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Andrew Halliday
<andrew.halliday at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, my argument is more along the lines of "If you live in a society
> you must participate and contribute to support that society"

 Bbbbuttt - the society at my university is still prospering under
VSU? HOW CAN THIS BE

 Why did you agree with the statement "but one way that I think is
reasonably  acceptable is to ask if a large majority think that is the
case" (saying it hit the nail on the head) but said that the fact that
few were joining was meaningless? I think this point demands deeper
consideration.

 B.

> Perhaps the best way is to have a campus referendum. Honestly I think that
> most won't oppose the issue because the cost over an average degree is about
> $1000- and it's HECS deferrable. I pay  $936- per SUBJECT at Uni. If it's
> deferrable I'm hardly going to quibble about it and I doubt too many others

p.s. please, enough about it being HECS deferrable, we've already all
made clear that it's not the cost that is at issue here

--
http://progsoc.org/~curious/
餓鬼も人数 。