[ProgSoc] Life membership category

Nathan de Vries nathan at atnan.com
Sun Mar 29 17:44:05 EST 2009

On 29/03/2009, at 4:46 PM, Tomislav Bozic wrote:
> Sangie, why do you spell 'mine' (as in the genitive first person
> pronoun, not a network of tunnels created for the extraction of metals
> and/or minerals) with a 'y', instead of an 'i'? Quite an
> idiosyncrasy of
> yours there...

The Internets tells me that in Ye Olde Days of Yore, "the prenominal
determiner **mine** was frequently used before a vowel: **in myne
opinion**, whereas later varieties use **my** as in Modern English".
Thomas is probably using it in the same vein as all his other
references to vampires and their time. As to why he does this, that's
probably a question for him.

Cheers,

Nathan de Vries