[ProgSoc] TFM: Time For Modification Redux

John Elliot jj5 at jj5.net
Wed Nov 11 12:06:22 EST 2009

jedd wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 November 2009 11:20:57 Tomislav Bozic wrote:
>> .. some work in setting up a repository so that we may undertake that
>> approach and am therefore understandably anxious in changing direction at
>> this stage), I still see merit in the wiki approach.
>
>  Was this the undocumented changes made to the systems
>  a couple of days ago that Anand was asking about on admin@ ?

In case Borjish has indeed violated some convention that the admins
ought to abide by I'd suggest that's because the convention itself is
not appropriately documented. Generally I don't feel that the annual
handover of the executive goes as smoothly as it could owing to a lack
of such documentation, perhaps something we can address.

For what it's worth I'll voice my support for the CSO's actions to date.
Being proactive and taking the initiative to put the existing LaTeX
files into a version control system and making that system available to
users was a good move in my opinion. I've been a ProgSoc member for
nearly 10 years and this is the first time I've ever seen the TFM source.

While filtering contributors by raising the bar isn't something we're
likely to want to do, creating an environment where people have an
opportunity to learn LaTeX and SVN skills is something I consider
valuable, and certainly a step in the right direction for ProgSoc.