[ProgSoc] Ideas for WiE&IT Hands on Day

tinang at progsoc.org tinang at progsoc.org
Thu Apr 15 20:12:47 EST 2010

Hi,

Livia and I are going to represent ProgSoc and host an activity on WiE&IT
Hands on Day. The activity will be something targeted towards Year 10 - 12
girls.

So far Livia found an event idea*: having a piece of paper that can
outsmart the audience in Tic-Tac-Toe, and let the audience try to beat
this piece of paper in Tic-Tac-Toe. The piece of paper essentially has
decision-making statements written all over it that determines how it
reacts to different circumstances in the game.

We would like to see if any of you have other activity ideas for Year 10 -
12 girls, or any comments on the idea Livia shared above. The activity
will be mainly organised by Livia and myself. If you would like to help us
on the activity in any way possible, you are absolutely welcomed to do so.

*Link to the activity details source:
http://www.cs4fn.org/teachers/activities/intelligentpaper/intelligentpaper.pdf

- Tina