[ProgSoc] I am very interested in you!

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Sun Aug 29 14:41:46 EST 2010

> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Chris Deigan
> <ctd at progsoc.uts.edu.au>wrote:
>
>> On 29/08/2010, at 11:41 AM, Pat Morgan wrote:
>> > Quick guys, this is our big chance.
>>
>> What, to waste people's time by replying to spam which may have been
>> otherwise filtered by their personal spam filters?

Spoilsport.

> Hi, guys. Good at web application?  Pls help me out.
> When a person tries to login, after he passed the authentication, he does
> another action. Is that every time he performs an action, he has to do the
> authentication in the first place ? Thanks a lot

My understanding of your query is this:

When you have successfully logged in, you have created an authenticated
session, that is, every single time your web application makes a request
to the server, your application must authenticate at some point (for at
least some portion of the request) in order to successfully carry out the
retrieval. This is most likely achieved with a cookie for persistence,
storing the user's (preferably) encrypted authentication details
(username/password) and sending such information to the server when
required. When you log out, the session is terminated (by sending an empty
cookie) and authentication stops.

Hope this helps.

Tom