[ProgSoc] Need advice on NAS & HDs to get

marauder marauder at marauder.net.au
Fri Dec 31 03:08:54 EST 2010

On 30/12/2010, at 2:08 AM, Andrew Halliday wrote:

> Good to know. This was on my list to buy and will now be removed based on what you've said. CK and Stux swear by them though, which to me implies they've simply been fortunate enough not to have encountered your problems.

See also:

http://www.devwebsphere.com/personal/2010/03/drobo-wont-mount-today-the-pain-continues.html

All of http://www.devwebsphere.com/personal/drobo/ is a tragicomedy really, he bought one in 2009 and quite liked it for the first week, then spent 24 months battling with every problem I described and more, and he still hasn't given up!  Me, I nearly stroked out when Disk Utility said "won't mount, can't fix, it's dead", and I never trusted it again after that.

http://writelarge.com/node/319

-marauder