[ProgSoc] Thoughts on .NET/XP Subjects

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Fri Jul 23 12:12:43 EST 2010

> Howdy ProgSoc'ers,
>
> I'm still toying around with which subjects I'll be doing this coming
> semester.
>
> Just wondering if anyone had any comments or past experiences with either
> of these subjects (or their past versions):
> 	31927 Application Development with .NET
> (http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/subjects/31927.html)
> 	31335 Extreme Programming
> (http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/subjects/31335.html)

The former is a proprietary technology, the latter is a methodology. I go
to uni to learn the theory of an idea, without being tied to any one
company's implementation of that idea. If I want to learn a specific
company's implementation, I'd do that in my own time. Also, you can apply
XP to .NET, but not the other way around.

I'd therefore choose the latter subject. I think it'd be worthwhile.

Tom