[ProgSoc] [JobSoc] AUSTAR - Tester - 12 month contract

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Fri Apr 8 16:03:25 EST 2011

>> Courtesy of CK:
>>
>> http://www.seek.com.au/Job/tester/in/sydney/19372891
>
> "Actually change that to **11AM** Monday morning.", sayeth CK.

Also...CK wants to point out that AUSTAR is based in Ultimo (actually
about 50 metres away from Building 10 -- that's about two or three
stone-throws, dependent on how far you can throw) and if you're really
into the technical aspect of television and broadcasting like he is, this
job would be worth considering.

...and he also wants me to send this as well:

Interactive TV
Tester - 12 month contract
*       Enjoy our benefits
*       Enjoy the dynamic entertainment industry
*       Enjoy being in Ultimo
AUSTAR is the favourite provider of entertainment for Regional
Australians. We are
in the homes of thousands helping them to enjoy life and be a part of it.

What is important to us?
At AUSTAR we do everything we can to create an environment that encourages
the very
best in you, the very best people in our industry. Together as a team our
focus is
on the customer as we aim to meet their needs and execute solutions
flawlessly.
Also, did you know - we work in entertainment, not insurance, so we want
you to have
some fun!

Who is the team?
The Tester reports to the Test Manager and the team consists of a group of
experienced testers and seniors; there are 5 Testers in total.

What will you do?
As a Tester you will be responsible for ensuring AUSTAR's new applications
are fully
tested and meet the required specifications. Involved in all aspects of
testing new
applications and platform in the integration and end-to-end environments.

This will include:
*  reviewing and analysing product specifications and business requirements
*  preparing test cases and associate test scripts
*  executing test scripts
*  raising defect notices as appropriate
*  liaising with the development team to identify and fix defects

A good knowledge of testing methodology and the different stages of
testing will be
highly regarded.
Interactive television, digital broadcast and testing software tools
experience will
also assist your application.

What is your experience?
You have experience working in a test or quality assurance environment
You have experience using testing software tools
You have worked in a similar fast paced environment

Who are you?
You have a degree in IT/Computer Science or something similar
You want the opportunity to join a great business & start your career
You are a analytical & logical thinker; you like the thrill and challenge
of a problem
You have good communication skills so you can liaise with internal and
external
stakeholders
You are self motivated and are ready to challenge the status quo
You value accuracy and demonstrate disciplined practices, documentation
and processes
You have Australian Residency

Tom