[ProgSoc] PS2/PSX adaptor (in linux)

Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale wzdd at progsoc.org
Wed Apr 27 21:54:29 EST 2011

> I was just wondering if anyone had any experience using a PSX/PS2 to USB
> adaptor in linux (centos/redhat enterprise) without recompiling kernel?

I have used one of these (but not that one) without recompiling anything. It should just show up as a USB HID joystick -- those don't need specific drivers.

They're not all the same. Some of them may not work that way. I notice that that one's ad copy mentions drivers, while others that come up in a search don't -- but the ad-copy-writing people don't necessarily know what they're talking about.

Nicholas