[ProgSoc] Corporate sponsorship

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Tue Aug 2 20:01:52 EST 2011

>> But, for practical and constitutional reasons (as mentioned before), the
>> main, consistent source of funding (and support, in general) for this
>> club
>> must come from its members.
> Surely it's more practical to jump thru the hoops to get funding than
> it is to rely solely on membership.

I said "the main, consistent source of funding", not "the sole source of
funding". As you are aware, memberships are not our sole source of
funding. We do make our money by other means as well.

> Also, if our constitution prevents
> us from accepting corporate sponsorship,

It doesn't.

Historically speaking, we were chummy with (the now defunct) Sun, right?
(that was mostly donations of hand-me-down equipment, though, wasn't
it...not so much funding on their part...?) If so, then that means that,
in a way, ProgSoc *has* had corporate sponsorship in the past...

Tom