[ProgSoc] Corporate sponsorship

John Elliot jj5 at jj5.net
Wed Aug 3 10:10:55 EST 2011

On 3/08/2011 9:47 AM, John Elliot wrote:
> On 3/08/2011 9:40 AM, Chris Deigan wrote:
>> But if you think it can work then I'm all for it.
>
> Might work, who knows. :P

To elaborate on that slightly:

The people I'm speaking to have hundreds of millions of dollars, pay
their developers in the order of half a million dollars a year, and have
dedicated HR staff and recruitment initiatives that cost them at least
an order of magnitude (or two) more than $10k per year. So, really, $10k
per year is peanuts to them, and a big deal for ProgSoc. If you don't
ask, you don't get, so best to start with a higher proposal. It wouldn't
be that insane to ask for $20k per year, but really ProgSoc doesn't need
that much (I don't think). I think $10k per year is a fairly reasonable
request. They might not like to do it for 5 year terms, and I expect
that would be fine too; but again, it's best to ask.