[ProgSoc] [JobSoc] Urgently looking for Windows software development/C++ programmer for Brainwave concert using EMOTIV hardware

sanguinev at progsoc.org sanguinev at progsoc.org
Wed Aug 3 11:42:44 EST 2011

Some short term/immediate contract work that may be of interest:

-

Hi,

I’m wondering if you might know some software developers/hackers who
could be interested in some PAID work on a Brainwave concert I’m working
on with Max Lyandvert and students from NIDA, in August. The person who
was going to do it has pulled out owing to work commitments, leaving me
in a very tricky situation...

Ive got around $500 budgeted for someone to do this job for me.

I’ll be mapping live filtered Brainwave rhythms to an interactive
visualisation, that
musicians with be performing to – plus interactive mechanical instruments
also activated by brainwave data.

Performance dates are 5pm-7pm Thursday 25th and Friday 26th August,
Paddington Reservoir.

We need to start rehearsals next week.

I’m looking for someone to build an app to access the headset's data and
transmit alpha, beta, theta barinwave data over an OSC connection.

There are a few options

http://bantherewind.com/ciemotiv - cinder has OSC library, and EMOTIV
support

OR

http://openvibe.inria.fr/

And write an opensoundcontrol object for OpenVibe Designer.

More detailed info here…
http://openvibe.inria.fr/documentation/unstable/Doc_FAQ.html

And bi-lingual video tutorials!
http://openvibe.inria.fr/video.php?q=video-designer-training-en&playlist=true

<
http://openvibe.inria.fr/video.php?q=video-designer-training-en&playlist=true

openoundcontrol.org/

We’ve also built a basic app that transmit raw EEG data from EMOTIV via
OSC:
“MindYourOSCs Raw”

I have purchased the EMOTIV headset and have research edition with SDK,
and it is its fully supported by OpenVibe.

If you know someone who could be interested, please get them to call me
as soon as possible

Mobile 0417 566 425

All the best

George Khut