[ProgSoc] [ADMIN] HTTPS on www, webmail

John Elliot jj5 at jj5.net
Sun Aug 21 13:35:40 EST 2011

On 21/08/2011 12:51 PM, John Elliot wrote:
> On 21/08/2011 12:32 PM, Daniel Bryan wrote:
>> Is it socially irresponsible to tell gmail's spam filters that John
>> Elliott's posts are 'spam'?
>
> Who are you, and what's your problem?

While we're waiting for you to explain yourself, let's look at a few
things. You're calling me a spammer, so let's see...

Over the past month at ProgSoc:

  http://progsoc.org/pipermail/progsoc/2011-August/thread.html

I have:

* Started a conversation about arranging for sponsorship
* Asked a question about the ls command
* Asked a question about the GPL
* Announced an open-source computer programming project
* Answered a question about reporting a security bug
* Suggested people check out a new programmers' club
* Donated a computer

You have not:

* Asked a question
* Answered a question
* Published open-source software
* Made a donation

You have:

* Put someone down

Over the past month at ProgClub:

  http://www.progclub.org/

I have:

* Completed more than 10 computer programming and systems administration
projects
* Almost achieved service parity with ProgSoc (I'm missing webmail, an
IRC channel, backups, and "a room")
* Created hundreds of documents related to computer programming and
Linux systems administration
* Helped a novice programmer on their way with PHP
* Begun learning how to contribute to MediaWiki (one of the most
important open-source projects of our time)
* Spent a few thousand dollars on club infrastructure

You have not:

* Started any projects
* Started any clubs
* Spent any money on club infrastructure
* Helped anyone

You have:

* Done nothing

On the ProgSoc wiki:

  http://progsoc.org/wiki?title=Special:RecentChanges&days=30

I have:

* Updated my profile
* Create a sponsorship proposal
* Documented a ProgSoc machine

You have not:

* Told us about yourself
* Contributed any documentation

You have:

* Done nothing

I am the most prolific club member, of ProgSoc and of ProgClub.

So, what's the problem? I have a suggestion. The problem is that you are
a useless spineless ratbag who is intimidated by me because I am
objectively better and more productive than you in the following areas:

* Community participation
* Computer programming
* Linux systems administration

Go away. I'm *busy*.