[ProgSoc] [ADMIN] HTTPS on www, webmail

Chris Deigan ctd at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Thu Aug 25 01:04:56 EST 2011

John,

On 24/08/2011, at 10:36 PM, John Elliot wrote:
> Have it your own way:
>
> http://www.progclub.org/wiki/ProgClub:Policy#Terms_and_conditions
>
> See particularly:
>
> http://www.progclub.org/wiki/The_first_rule_of_ProgClub

Honestly, I find it difficult to gauge your intentions of this. You're surely allowed to publish what you like online, but it seems to me like you're using Daniel's full name on your website as some form of intimidation - or more accurately, as a form of drawing attention to his actions here by use of his name. I'm particularly curious seeing that the particular section of your website is not openly editable as other parts are.

That said, my suggestion is flawed, since his name would appear on ProgSoc's own public list archives attributing to this post. But I'm not trying to be prejudice toward your actions - I honestly don't know what you're playing at here.

For what It's worth - I side towards Daniel's position -- you have well and truly echoed "ProgClub" to the ProgSoc list quiet regularly since you began [ProgClub]. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I can understand how someone may interpret it as repetitive advertising -- particularly when you outright state your club is "a competing club" [to ProgSoc].

There is no doubt you have made many generous contributions to ProgSoc in the present & past. However, I find you calling Daniel "a useless spineless ratbag who is intimidated by me because I am objectively better and more productive than you in the following areas…" to be completely uncalled for, and damaging to the club were Daniel someone who's views on the club were more impressionable. In fact, I feel such actions would completely revolt someone from having any involvement with ProgSoc in the future.

I have no qualms with your club - best of luck to you with it. I do object to you using personal attacks which undermine ProgSoc's reputation.

 - Chris.

PS. I won't be responding to this any further on-list. I'm happy communicate off-list.