[ProgSoc] [ADMIN] HTTPS on www, webmail

Pat Morgan patwm18 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:01:28 EST 2011

John, you've put a lot of effort into Progclub & invested a lot of time and money. Now I may be just the 'top-poster' guy who occasionally mispells things, but I do know it could be argued that it's a bit inflamatory to post to build, administer and then advertise 'how much  cooler' a rival club is than Progsoc, on the Progsoc mailing list. Could also be said likewise about Daniel mentioning your posts are spam, but considering it wasn't an invalid point it certainly didn't deserve the mega-reaction it did. Like Chris I don't know what you want, unless it's to abuse or exact revenge on the Society which is purely vindictive and leads me to question why you want to be associated with ProgSoc anyway.

You mentioned before to me that ProgClub isn't intended as a satire/flame/rant, that it's a practical business venture, but surely you can see that advertising it like you have could objectively be seen otherwise. You're a good programmer and have undertaken successful business ventures before... why not instead channel that talent towards something that will make money without unintentionally angering people? Or, advertise off the board. If it's not a satire, and just a business venture, then it shouldn't matter right? Because I don't think anyone from ProgSoc is jumping on the proverbial bandwagon.

Rants make people feel awkward, and I feel badly for the Society having to participate in two of these myself over 'ProgClub', this being the second if you count it. Well the trolls have become bold and numerous, and people are starting to go by ferry. All the current registered members can see these posts, and it encourages people to just avoid ProgSoc -- including me.