[ProgSoc] Data Persistence in the cloud

James Ducker jducker at it.uts.edu.au
Fri Feb 4 15:21:49 EST 2011

The reason I don't use Flickr for persistence is because Flickr's primary
goal is to allow people you to easily share and license your photos online.
Persistence is of course very important to this goal, but it's a means to an
end for them. I wanted a provider whose entire philosophy was "we won't lose
your stuff." Which is why I picked up an S3 account (I just hope they are
true to their word about redundancy, seeing as their internal setup is
secret).

I have a Flickr account too, but I only use it for sharing photos with other
people.

- James

James Ducker
Web Developer