[ProgSoc] [PROGSOC-ANNOUNCE] Locking of ProgSoc Network Accounts -- 26th May 2011 -- Reminder

Tomislav Bozic tomchristmas at progsoc.org
Fri May 20 16:14:59 EST 2011

> I would suggest the reverse; that people who's accounts are about to be
> locked should receive 24 hours' notice.
>
> - Raz (who recognises the limited value of advice offered by those not
> willing to carry it out :-))

It's not that hard to do...I've got a list of email addresses and can
quite easily send a mass-mail notification (I sent a mass-mail to
individuals who are the subject of an account locking last month, in
addition to progsoc-announce).

I don't see the point in doing it because -- let's be honest -- the vast
majority of the accounts that will lock on Thursday belong to those people
that have long forgotten, or weren't even aware, they have a ProgSoc
account, nor do I think they care.

I'm still impressed by the amount of renewals in the past month, though :)

Tom