[ProgSoc] Compulsory Student Unionism coming back!

Roland Turner raz at raz.cx
Wed Nov 9 13:30:46 EST 2011

We truly get the government we deserve. Fabulous.

It's worth noting that the founding of ProgSoc was in part spurred by
the obvious injustice of compulsory unionism. We couldn't do anything
about the politics, but we could divert some of the funding from
subsidising other peoples' partying to something more worthwhile.

If the university+government is once again using its position as
tertiary education gatekeeper to squeeze money out of indebted students
then ProgSoc should certainly consider resuming its function of better
deploying Union funds.

- Raz