[ProgSoc] 2012 ACM-ICPC World Finals have just concluded; UTS Programming Competition update

Peter Revelant revelant at progsoc.org
Sat May 19 14:58:44 EST 2012

>From the South Pacific Region, UNSW placed equal 36th. Results:
http://icpc.baylor.edu/info/Results+World+Finals+2012

The problems:
https://icpc.baylor.edu/ICPCWiki/attach/Problem%20Resources/icpc2012.pdf

AFP article:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/russian-whizzes-win-global-collegiate-it-contest/story-e6frgcjx-1226360070919

Preparations for the 2012 UTS Programming Competition are still in
early stages. Here is an update:
1. We have been in contact with Sydney Uni, to learn how they run
their competition.
2. We expect to take a proposal to the faculty early in June regarding
cooperation and support for the competition.
3. Although by no means finalised, the expected date is the first
weekend in August, perhaps Saturday 4th.
4. In the near future, two mailing lists will be created: one for the
competition organising committee, and one for potential entrants. More
information about these will be promulgated to this list when they are
created.

Peter