[ProgSoc] May 2013 newsletter

Livia Lam livia at progsoc.org
Mon Jun 24 15:17:50 EST 2013

Hi all,

Progsoc May Newsletter

(Or click attachment for prettier HTML version). Thank you to Jacob for
writing this up!

=NEWS=

-Code-a-thon-

The Code-a-thon was held on the 28th of May in the Concourse. It was heaps
of fun and most entrants won a prize. Check out our Facebook page for
photos.

=PROJECT NEWS=

If you would like to join a project just send an email or come visit us on
Thursday.

-Project Jukebox-

Project Jukebox is about getting an internet controlled jukebox in the
Progsoc room, and making the system secure enough to not forfeit itself to
abuse. The project is around halfway through to completion, by mhruman,
hyperzap, jableader & dex.

Project JukeBox has hit feature lock! The case has been built and looks
gorgeous!

-USyd Verge Festival App-

A couple of very nice people from Usyd have contacted us about an app for
the verge festival that turns landscapes into music.

=ATTENTION=

-Our Birthday!-

This year will be the 25th anniversary of UTS and Progsoc; we are looking
for some ideas for how to celebrate. Email these to the Progsoc mailing
list.

-Room opening times - semester break-

The Progsoc room will be closed over the semester break. However if you
would like access to the room to work on a project, email
psexec at progsoc.org and we'll see if someone is available to unlock the
door for you. Otherwise, we'll see you all on Thursday, 1st August 2013.

- Progsoc