[ProgSoc] 2 "A"GMs? (Re: ProgSoc AGM 2015 -- 14th October)

Roland Turner roland at rolandturner.com
Mon Oct 5 23:36:56 AEDT 2015

Those clauses merely indicate that the decision to hold two AGMs this
year was made and duly recorded, which is fair enough if a little odd;
they don't record the rationale, which was my question.

Also, I just noticed your postscript:

> P.S. There were *two* AGMs in 1997, BTW -- you were there ;)

This is misleading. Although two overlapping sets of people met at two
different times and in two different places - which in the plain English
sense of the word describes two meetings - in the formal sense of an
organisation's annual meeting, the two sessions formed a single AGM the
second session being an adjournment of the first. The formal items
(apologies, reading of minutes, elections, etc.) happened exactly once
each, most/all of them at the adjourned session. That is not this year's
situation.

- Raz