[ProgSoc] Constitutional Amendment Proposal Fest 2017

Brenton Smith brenton.smith at optusnet.com.au
Sat Nov 25 14:09:43 AEDT 2017

I also agree with most of these amendments, and have informally discussed some with Tom earlier.

There is always a minor uptick in membership around the AGM however, so I think the proposed changes to 4.2.5 (Membership) may result in a strange scenario where a single membership payment entitles a member to vote in two consecutive AGMs.

I’m also curious if the clause 5.1.7.1 (tied votes) is worth retaining, while a tie shouldn’t be possible in a five-member executive, I’m not sure if we can always rely on the participation of every executive member in every vote.