[ProgSoc] Constitutional Amendment Proposal Fest 2017

Jenny Nguyen knockycode at progsoc.org
Sat Nov 25 15:58:56 AEDT 2017

On 25 November 2017 at 14:09, Brenton Smith <brenton.smith at optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

> On 25 November 2017 at 12:53, Jenny Nguyen <knockycode at progsoc.org> wrote:
>
> All the other amendments sound good too. I say that if no one offers
> suggestions for alterations within seven (7) days -- so by Saturday 2nd of
> Dec -- these amendments should be put into place. Would you be OK in
> applying these amendments if they are to go ahead on that day, Tom? Thank
> you for bringing these suggested amendments forward!
>

> Per clause 8.1, we’ll need to make these amendments at the AGM or an SGM.
>
> We’ve missed the 2017 AGM and reaffiliation is due/occurring in early
> December, so I think there’s no rush to making these amendments.
> Officially removing the need for an audit would be nice before the next
> AGM however, so maybe an SGM can be called once the 2018 academic year
> starts?

Oh woops.

Yes, a SGM to discuss the amendments in the 2018 academic year sounds good!
True that there is no rush.

Details about the SGM will follow when it is ready [1].

[1]: Reference to Blizzard's 'when it's ready' announcements in regard to
their upcoming games.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4v6ztd/i_just_want_to_thank_blizzard_for_its_show/